Local Staff Contacts
Seattle, WA 98107
Rock Star: Indoor Golf
Checklist for an Indoor Golf Tournament
- Create an invitation/flier and send out.
- Solicit donated items for prizes.
- Send weekly reminders to drive sign-ups.
- Purchase supplies needed.
- Confirm teams and department?s holes.
- Recruit volunteers and assign duties.
- Take photos of the event.
- Send thank you and tax receipts.
Step By Step
This is a great activity for a Corporate Team. Each department is responsible for designing and setting up one of the 9 holes in the golf tournament. Designing and decorating the holes in each department offers a great team-building activity and the event itself is a lot of fun. The putt-putt tournament is open to everyone at $10 per person, with teams of four. Lowest score after 9 holes won a 1st Place prize. The Best Designed Hole (by popular vote) also wins a 1st Place prize. Adding beverage stations and snacks along the "course" as well as drawings can raise additional funds. If you have the space - this fundraiser can be a very successful event!
One Month Prior
- Create invitation/flier, announce fundraiser to staff - give them 2 weeks to choose department holes "theme" and enter four-some for golfing (1-2 hours depending on design skills).
- Ask everyone to solicit donated items for drawing (2 hours - call for items yourself; spa's, golf stores, restaurants).
Two Weeks Prior
- Follow up with staff and get them excited! (½ hour - mention at staff meetings, get competitive spirits going, have four-somes pick team names and enter).
- Email helpers (including LLS staff) that are needed day of the event with duties and needed items (½ hour - this may include an invitation to an honored hero to come and participate with their family).
One Week Prior
- Purchase supplies, confirm teams (collect entry fees) and confirm each department's hole (1-2 hours).
- Confirm volunteers, possible guests (½ hour).
- Pick up donations: gift certificates/baskets, flowers, donated snacks/lunch and/or beverages (1-3 hours depending on number of donations - this is a good task to share among staff, each picking up one)
Day of Event
- Designate 2 non-participating staff to be hole design monitors - everyone gets 1 hour to put their hole together, monitors are responsible for making sure it's playable, establishing a par per hole (1½ hours).
- Designate 2 volunteers/staff to work golf team check-in table - this is also where we displayed gift baskets and other goodies and sold tickets for the drawing (1 hour).
- Golfing lasted 2 hours, with prizes and drawings at the end (3 hours).
- Photos of each team were taken, as well as photos with our Honored Teammate (½ hour).
- We had a clean-up crew, but each department was responsible for picking up their own hole (1 hour).
- Use a scramble start - which starts teams on different holes (score cards and sign-up sheets available).
- You can get supplies donated just by asking - LLS has a letter which includes its Tax ID #.
- Assign one person to be the photographer for the event.
- Tickets for drawings can be sold at $5 each or 3 for $10 (prices adjustable depending on prizes).
- Make sure to thank everyone! Write thank you notes to donors and volunteers (include a photo if you can).