Local Staff Contacts
Denver, CO 80246
Team In Training's triathlon program offers the opportunity to take on the challenge of swimming, cycling, and running an Olympic-distance triathlon and make a difference in the lives of an estimated 1,012,533 people in the United States living with, or in remission from, leukemia, Hodgkin lymphoma, non-Hodgkin lymphoma or myeloma.
Along with a customized-training program and expert coaching, participants will train with a local group of like-minded individuals for motivation and inspiration.
Team In Training (TNT) is looking for triathletes for the events listed below.
Please note that participation in a TNT event is subject to the local availability of group training and transportation arrangements. Other shorter and/or longer triathlon events may be offered. Please consult the TNT staff at your local chapter for additional details.
The Rocky Mountain Chapter currently holds triathlon group trainings in the Greater Denver Metro Area and in Colorado Springs. We prepare our participants to compete in Olympic and Half Iron distance triathlons. Please contact Melissa Traynham (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional details.
Online registration is open now!
San Diego Classic Triathlon, San Diego, CA - September 7, 2013
1.5k Swim, 40k Bike, 10k Run
Participants swim in a portion of beautiful San Diego Bay, race their bikes from Liberty Station through the Naval Submarine Base at Point Loma and up to Cabrillo National Park where breathtaking views of Mexico, downtown San Diego, and the rugged mountains to the east await, and run through NTC Park at Liberty Station, a historic and culturally vibrant area of central San Diego.
Why Tri with TNT?
- Comprehensive four to five month training program
- Fundraising resources and assistance
- Personal attention from nationally certified triathlon coaches
- Fitness and skills clinics
- TNT dri-fit training shirt, event singlet & TNT wetsuit or tri suit
- Event entry registration and bike shipping
- Pool access for swim training
- Be a part of the Team that is saving lives!
Training Locations and Program
Training will take place in regional teams. The Denver Region trains in and around the Denver Metro area. The Colorado Springs Region trains in and around the Colorado Springs Metro area.
TNT will provide you with a non-competitive, comprehensive training program to prepare you to complete a triathlon. The program is designed with the busy person in mind, so most weekday workouts are 45-90 minutes or less, with longer workouts reserved for the weekend.
Designed and implemented by our national certified triathlon coaches, the training program consists of 15-24 weeks of daily workouts tailored to multiple ability levels. A typical workout week includes five days of training including a group swim and track practice workout. The longer trainings on Saturdays are group workouts and incorporate brick workouts. At many coach-lead workouts, informational clinics will be held that cover swim techniques, bike fit, nutrition and hydration, injury prevention and bike maintenance.
TNT welcomes all levels of experience. Our training program is designated to turn the non-athlete into an endurance event finisher and to help seasoned athletes meet their training goals. Prior to Kickoff, you should meet the following prerequisites:
- Olympic Distance: You should be comfortable putting your face in the water and should have general knowledge of the freestyle (crawl) stroke. While mountain bikes and hybrids are acceptable, they are not preferred for triathlon. If you are planning to buy a bike, please be sure to talk with your coaches before making a purchase. Running or run/walking is acceptable for the race. Do not worry about your pace.
- Half Ironman: Prior triathlon experience is required and your must receive coach approval prior to registering for this event.
*All participants must complete a swim evaluation (consisting of swimming half the distance of the race) prior to Recommitment to the team.
Support: TNT Mentors, Team Captains and LLS Staff
- Your Mentor is a past-participant serving as your fundraising resource and peer advisor. If you have questions about fundraising, your mentor is your first point of contact. Participants are matched with mentors in an approximate eight-to-one ratio.
- Team Captains are past-participants who organize informal trainings, help support the coaches and participants at group trainings and they promote team spirit and camaraderie.
- TNT Team Managers (LLS Staff) attend some coached trainings and maintain office hours at LLS during the week.
- RSVP for an Information Meeting and get your questions answered by TNT Staff, coaches, team heroes and past participants.