Oregon SW Washington Idaho Montana
Local Staff Contacts
Portland, OR 97219
Welcome to the Team that's saving lives! You are now one of over 500,000 Team In Training participants who have raised over $1.2 billion for lifesaving cancer research. How did they all do it? Plan ahead, have fun, use the resources we give you, and you will be a successful fundraiser! Below there are references to Fundraising 101, 102, etc. documents. These documents can all be accessed through the Fundraising Toolbox in your personal fundraising website.
Now, let's begin with the plan ahead part...
Within One Week of Joining the Team: Write your letter; customize your eFundraising webpage
- Build your donor network. See Fundraising 101 to learn how this will help you manage your fundraising and raise even more!
- Write your first fundraising letter or email. See Fundraising 103. Buy stationery and envelopes. Bright colors are best!
- Customize your eFundraising webpage. See Fundraising 102 for details on how to get there.
- Schedule a date to meet with your mentor to create a personalized fundraising strategy.
Within Two Weeks of Joining the Team: Mail your letters; brainstorm event ideas
- Mailing Party: get together with your teammates and friends to address envelopes.
- E-mail your fundraising letter to everyone in your network: See Fundraising 103.
- Start thinking about fundraising events and parties. See Fundraising 105 for other event ideas and details on planning and promoting.
Within Three Weeks of Joining the Team: Update your online status
- Include your fundraising website in an update on social networking websites such as Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn and Twitter. Create a group for people to join, so they can track your progress throughout the season.
- Tell at least one person a day about your commitment. The more people who know, the more people will donate!
- Include a link to your fundraising page in your e-mail signature.
Within Six Weeks of Joining the Team: Send your second letter; host a fundraiser; mail in those checks
- Send your second fundraising letter/email. Follow up with those who haven't donated. See Fundraising 103.
- Celebrate the holidays! Have a holiday themed fundraising bash. See Fundraising 105.
- Are you regularly submitting your check donations to Paycor? Here's how to double your donations: ask your donors if their company has a matching gifts program! See Matching Gifts.
- Don't forget to send thank you notes. See Fundraising 103.
Within Two Months of Joining the Team: Update social networking sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.); host another event
- Post a link to your fundraising website and let your online friends know how your training and fundraising is going.
- Get rid of clutter! Have a fundraising yard sale. See Fundraising 105.
No Less Than 10 Days Before Final Fundraising Deadline: Third letter
- Send your third fundraising letter. See Fundraising 103. Encourage friends and family to forward your letters to others. Don?t be afraid to raise your goal!
- Are you submitting your checks to Paycor? Do any of your donors' companies match gifts? See Matching Gifts and Submitting Funds.
- Send an update to your online friends. Almost there!
Post Event: Pay yourself back!
- Send your final letter. See Fundraising 103. Thank all who donated and let others know they still can.
- Send another round of thank you notes to all your donors. See Fundraising 103.
- Congratulate yourself on making a difference and helping cure cancer! Put this accomplishment on your resume!