New York City
Local Staff Contacts
New York, NY 10006
Team In Training is proud to have "Good Day New York" Weather Anchor Mike Woods on our Team for the Nautica New York City Triathlon (July 18, 2010).
Watch Mike Woods at the Team In Training New York City Triathlon Kickoff here: http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/good_day_ny/team-in-training-nyc-triathlon-100224
See three of TNT's Honored Teammates speak about their experiences with cancer and participating in TNT: http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/about_us/street_talk/Street-Talk-March-6-2010
Want to Take on a Challenge of Your Own? Team In Training is recruiting participants for these exciting Summer Events:
- The Nation's Triathlon - Washington, DC (September 12)
- The Westchester Triathlon (September 26)
- The ING New York City Marathon (November 7)
- Nike Women's Marathon & Half Marathon - San Francisco (October 17)
- Hamptons Marathon & Half Marathon (October 2)
- Chicago Marathon (October 10)
- Dublin Marathon (October 25)
- Sea Gull Century Ride (100-Mile Bike Ride) - Maryland (October 9)
For more information on how you can become a part of Team In Training, please click here to fill out a "Tell Me More" form. To learn more about the Team In Training program, please see below.
Team In Training is the world's largest sports endurance training program and the most successful fundraising campaign of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. The program provides training to run or walk a full or half marathon, or participate in a triathlon or 100-mile bike ride. Participants will raise funds for blood cancer research and patient services in exchange for personalized training, airfare, lodging, and race entry for over 20 national events.
Since its inception in 1988, Team In Training has trained more than 420,000 athletes and raised over $1 billion for blood cancer research and patient services.
Team In Training Provides:
- Personalized Coaching by Certified Coaches
- Group workouts 2-3 times a week (one or two weeknights, one Saturday morning)
- Monthly training calendars
- Weekly detailed training calendars including what to do if you miss a group training
- Clinics on nutrition, injury prevention and gear
- Airfare, ground transportation, hotel accommodations, race entry, bike transport (triathlon & cycle)
- Apparel for training and race day (all events); a wetsuit (triathlon)
- An inspirational Pasta Party before your race and a Victory Party afterwards
- The experience of a lifetime, training with an amazing group of people to help save lives!
In exchange, we ask participants to raise funds for blood cancer research, education, and patient services. To help you with your goal, we will provide you with a fundraising website as well as group and one-on-one fundraising clinics to provide you with some out-of-the-box ideas on how to boost donations.