Local Staff Contacts
Chicago, IL 60661
Train with Team In Training (TNT) for a hiking adventure and raise funds for lifesaving cancer research. Whether you're a seasoned hiker or someone who just enjoys a good walk, there is a hike program for your ability and level of fitness.
- Great people.Our coaches, certified in partnership with the American Hiking Association (AHS), provide exceptional training and information on fitness, nutrition, gear and injury prevention and hiking principles like Leave No Trace.
- TNT Hikers also will receive a one-year membership to AHS.
- Amazing destinations. Choices may include hiking trips to Yosemite, Grand Canyon and Rocky Mountain national parks.
- Fundraising support. From your own Web page to our helpful staff and fundraising clinics, your fundraising will be easy and successful.
- A fabulous weekend. Your travel, lodging, guide fees and pre-and post-event activities are all covered for an unforgettable weekend experience.
- A lifesaving cause. For many, the greatest benefit of all is knowing you will be making a difference in the fight against blood cancers.
Upcoming Hike Adventures
Team In Training (TNT) is looking for hikers to join us for exciting hike expeditions.
Please note that participation in a TNT event is subject to the local availability of group training and transportation arrangements. Please consult the TNT staff at your local chapter for additional details.
Fundraising Milestones: What's Next?
Registration: When you sign up, you pay a registration fee to help LLS pay for the first six weeks of your training. LLS applies this fee to your fundraising minimum.
Kick Off: Meet your teammates, coaches and staff for the first time at Kick Off. Your first coached workout is in the week after Kick Off.
Recommitment (about six weeks after Kick Off): This is your opportunity to assess your progress. At recommitment, you make the decision to either stay on the team and finish your fundraising, or withdraw from the team with no further obligation.
When you recommit, LLS starts to pay for your event and other training expenses. Unless you?ve already met your fundraising minimum, you secure your place on the team by providing us with a check or a credit card number. We do not charge you anything at this time.
Fundraising deadline: You have until about two weeks before your event to meet your minimum. If you have not met your minimum by the deadline, you donate the remainder with the credit card or check you provided. Rest assured, most TNT participants actually surpass their minimum.
All of this allows us to ensure your donors and the patients and families we serve that at least 75% of LLS expenses goes to the mission.