Local Staff Contacts
West Des Moines, IA 50266
TNT Positions Available!
Team in Training Iowa Chapter is currently seeking dedicated, motivated individuals to serve or intern with our program!
Team in Training Lead (Volunteer) Coach Postion
Crossing the finish line of any endurance event requires knowledge, experience and proper training. Team In Training coaches are the support you need to reach your goals!
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training (TNT) Program is seeking coaches with sport specific experience for our Central Iowa TEAM.
TNT is the largest sports endurance training program in the nation. This year alone, Team In Training will train 30,000 people to complete an endurance event, while helping to find a cure for leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease or myeloma. The position of Team In Training Coach is a contracted seasonal consultant position that provides coaching services to walk, run, tiathlon and cycle participants, while they raise funds for the Society.
Please note that the time commitment for this position typically includes 2-4 hours per week of contact with participants and staff plus a weekend morning training sessions (Training sessions are split between you and our TEAM of AMAZING assistant coaches).
- Recruit new participants, and assist staff with recruitment efforts.
- Develop daily training schedules for participants at each level: beginner, intermediate and advanced.
- Coordinate and/or lead weekly training sessions, including: choose training courses, provide clear route maps to all participants and mark course as needed.
- Recruit speakers (with help from staff and other coaches) for training clinics to be held in conjunction with monthly team meetings.
- Be available during the week, by phone or by email, to answer training-related questions.
- Attend seasonal event(s), assisting staff as necessary. Coaches are expected to attend the event to support participants only, not to race themselves.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Commitment to the mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
- Works well with people of all athletic abilities.
- Friendly, outgoing, and energetic personality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Previous Team In Training experience is preferred, but not required.
Please contact Kelly Billings for more information!!
Team in Training Internship Position
How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office, or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give a new meaning to the word, "job."
Team in Training (TNT) is the world's largest endurance training program for runners, walkers, cyclists and triathletes. TNT provides certified coaches and mentors to participants that assist them in their fitness and personal goals for marathons, century rides and triathlons. In return, team members raise funds to help find a cure for blood cancer.
We provide a supportive and hands on working environment where you can learn new skills and enhance existing ones. A work schedule of at least 10-15 hours per week is expected. Work hours are flexible in order to work around class schedules. TNT is currently accepting applications for interns. This position is unpaid to begin, with room for growth.
The following is a breakdown of the daily activities that a TNT intern can expect to engage in:
- Assisting with recruitment efforts
- Meeting logistics and planning
- Local event planning
- Assisting with the monthly newsletter and weekly update publishing
- Media development
- Assisting with the building of good marketing relationships
- Promoting TNT at local events
- Assisting with the overall maintenance of the Team In Training program where needed.
- Educational training in communications, marketing, public relations, liberal arts or related background
- Interest in special events planning, fundraising, non-profit, or fitness
- Organized self starter with the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to research
- Prefer experience with Microsoft Word, Publisher and Excel
Please mail or fax resume and cover letter to:
Melanie Brown, Executive Director The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society 2700 Westown Parkway, Suite 260 West Des Moines, IA 50266 Phone: 515-270-6169 Fax: 515-270-5392 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer.