Local Staff Contacts
Des Moines, IA 50325
Team in Training Iowa Chapter is currently seeking dedicated, motivated individuals to intern with our program!
Team in Training Internship Position
How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Wheather you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office, or a specialst in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give a new meaning to the word, "job."
Team in Training (TNT) is the world's largest endurance training program for runners, walkers, cyclists and triathletes. TNT provides certified coaches and mentors to the participants that assist them in their fitness and personal goals for marathons, century rides and triathlons. In return, the team members raise funds to help find a cure for blood cancer.
We provide a supportive and hands on working environment where you can learn new skills and enhance existing ones. A work schedule of at least 10-15 hours per week is expeced. Work hours are flexible in order to work around class schedules. TNT is currently accepting applications for interns. This position is unpaid to begin, with room for growth.
The following is a breakdown of the daily activities that a TNT intern can expect to engage in:
- Assisting with recruitment efforts
- Meeting logistics and planning
- Local event planning
- Assisting with the monthly newsletter and weekly update publishing
- Media development
- Assisting with the building of good marketing relationships
- Promoting TNT at local events
- Assisting wiht the overall maintenance of the Team In Training program where needed.
- Educational training in communications, marketing, public relations, liberal arts or related background
- Interest in special events planning, fundraising, non-profit, or fitness
- Organized self starter with the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to research
- Prefer experience with Microsoft Word, Publisher and Excel
Please mail or fax resume and cover letter to:
Kara Van Nordstrand, TNT Campaign Manager The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society 8033 University Blvd Suite A Des Moines, IA 50325 Phone: 515-270-6169 Fax: 515-270-5392 Email: email@example.com
The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer.