Local Staff Contacts
White Plains, NY 10605
Rock n Roll Marathon
The Rock 'n' Roll San Diego Marathon & 1/2 Marathon is changing course!
Experience it for the first time with Team In Training!
The Rock 'n' Roll San Diego Marathon & 1/2 Marathon event benefitting The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is 16 years old and to celebrate we are making 16 BIG changes for this year's race! Team In Training (TNT) is right there to get you ready and primed to experience the new course!
This race event is not to be missed, and TNT is the perfect way to get involved.
Change course this summer! JOIN Team In Training for The Rock 'n' Roll San Diego Marathon & 1/2 Marathon and check out where the changes will lead you!
1. New Downtown Finish Line at Petco Park - How cool is that?
2. Easy Gaslamp Access - When you cross the finish line you'll be steps away from the Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego's dining and entertainment center. Team In Training stays downtown and you're also walking distance to the Health & Fitness Expo at the Convention Center!
3. Bringing the Marathon Back- Back to the original Rock 'n' Roll San Diego Marathon days where the marathon was king! Marathoners will LOVE a course designed just for them!
4. Separate Start Times - The marathon will be starting a separate time from the half marathon and 2-person relay. They're taking it back to the good 'ole days!
5. Separate Marathon & 1/2 Marathon Courses - Runners of the marathon and half marathon course may run on different sides of the same road but they NEVER intermingle.
6. Bye, Bye Hwy 163 - Half marathoners will no longer have to run on Hwy 163!
7. Adios Fiesta Island! - Marathoners, it's your turn. No more Fiesta Island! Time for a Siesta, Fiesta!
8. Tour New Neighborhoods - You'll experience a whole new tour that showcases San Diego's most diverse neighborhoods.
9. PR-Worthy Half - Looking for your next half marathon PR? This is the race to get it!
10. Minimal Shuttle Program - The post-race shuttle program will be a thing of the past. Downtown is the hub of all the race weekend activities!
11. Ample Parking - With race excitement downtown, finding parking will not be an issue.
12. Spectator Friendly - The convenient downtown finish and route allows for spectators to easily access the finish line and portions of the soon-to-be-announced course.
13. Go Green & Ride the Trolley! - Whether you're a participant or a spectator, the Trolley offers a great alternative to driving
14. Finish Strong - Whew! The last 4 miles are downhill providing a great runway for a strong finish!
15. Rockin' Post-Race Party - Petco Park provides an amazing setting for the post-race party.
16. Perfect Post-Race Recovery Venue - Finishing downtown at Petco Park provides more opportunities to recover in the shade.
See? Change is great! Join Team In Training and experience this epic summer event!
Team In Training participants have raised more than $1.3 billion for the of funding blood cancer research. Since 1998, more than 51,000 TNT participants have raised over $171million in San Diego alone. Certified coaches, daily workouts, clinics on nutrition, hydration and safety will get you primed to cross the NEW finish line! Plus you'll be raising money for blood cancer therapies that are saving the lives of patients every day!