Local Staff Contacts
Harrisburg, PA 17110
Central Pennsylvania Details
Become part of a team that is saving lives one mile at a time.
Thank you for taking the first step toward a life-changing experience. Whether you are a beginner looking to complete your first endurance event or an experienced athlete, our program provides the training, coaching and encouragemant you need to accomplish your goals.
Come to an Information Meeting to meet our coaches, the staff and fellow athletes. You can sign up for a meeting in your area here.
To learn more about TNT, call our office at (800) 822-2873 or (717) 652-6520 or email email@example.com. The TNT staff is always available to help.
You can also watch this video to learn more about the program-
Our Team In Training ® Mission
The Honored Patient Program
Our Mission:The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) mission is to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and to improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
An estimated 912,938 Americans are living with, or are in remission from, leukemia, lymphoma or myeloma. In the next year, an estimated 139,860 Americans will be diagnosed with these diseases. A projected 53,240 will die because of them; which is more than colorectal, prostate or breast cancer.
About Team In Training (TNT)
A TNT member volunteers his or her time, talent and energy to improve the lives of those affected by cancer. The participant makes a dual commitment: to fulfill a personal dream to train for and finish a marathon, century ride or triathlon, and to train in honor of a local honored patient to fulfill his or her dream for a cure.
TNT members support the total mission of LLS by:
- Raising funds to support research, services and educational programs of LLS
- Advocating for increased support of research to find cures for leukemia, Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma
- Attracting additional volunteers for LLS's programs and activities
- Elevating awareness, at the community level, of LLS and its mission
- Speaking to the press about LLS and the fight against blood cancers
- Boosting the spirit of patients and their families by making a personal connection
The Honored Teammate Program
Each Team In Training participant is paired with an honored teammate. Your honoree is someone from the central Pennsylvania area whose life has been affected by blood cancer. By honoring a member of your own community and hearing his or her story firsthand, you will be able to understand the extreme value of your efforts. Please feel free to call your honoree, send him or her a note or even invite your honoree out for a meal sometime. The honorees are involved in this program because they want to be.
Return to top
A marathon, triathlon, or century ride is a physical challenge and a test of mental endurance. Since Team In Training members have a broad range of personal goals and abilities, the TNT program is designed to meet everyone's needs. Top coaches in the area will provide training and support to help you achieve your fitness and performance goals. At the same time, you will benefit from improved strength, increased flexibility, cardiovascular endurance and weight control.
We will be with you every step of the way, providing:
- A four- to five-month integrated training program
- Coaching from experienced trainers
- Daily training schedules
- Weekend group workouts
- Clinics on nutrition, injury prevention, equipment, race strategies and more
- Event travel, accommodations and race entry registration provided you reach
Mentors are past participants who were successful with their own training and fundraising and want to support new team members. Each mentor is assigned approximately eight participants who are in the same sport (run, walk, cycle or triathlon) and live in the same geographic area. Your mentor will contact you to convey important information and support you with your fundraising and training.
Return to top
Along with the rest of your team, you will be raising money for research, patient services and education right here in central Pennsylvania. While coaches help you achieve personal fitness goals, LLS staff and volunteers will support your fundraising goals through:
- Personal Web sites for on-line fundraising
- Fundraising clinics and materials
- One-on-one fundraising assistance
- Proven ideas to help you meet and exceed your goals
- Samples of successful fundraising tools
For more information, please contact the chapter at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (717) 652-6520 or 800-482-TEAM.
Find us on Facebook and Twitter!